Friday, February 6, 2009

It has been by the guiding hand of outstanding teachers that I have reached this moment. Accepting only my best, they illuminated my own unseen talents and helped to refine my intellectual vision. Here at the threshold of professional academia, I reflect upon a pantheon of post.intelligentsia essential to my fruition as a scholar. Humbly I walk in their shadows; with gratitude I stand on their shoulders.
Seizing this opportunity to carry forward the work of my mentors as a leader and life-long learner, I envision myself teaching, publishing my own works, conducting research, consulting, collaborating, and contributing to inspired projects. I am honored to be considered for the Minority Doctoral Loan for In-Service Program.
My life has been blessed with unique and diverse experiences. Across the globe and into the depths of my self, this journey has culminated at a transformational moment in history. An evolving understanding of technologies effect on organization is beginning to take shape. We are only beginning to recognize the potential in new communications and social networking tools, distance education, and instructional technology. Through my doctoral research I will be poised to contribute to this intensifying movement. This also is a unique opportunity to return to Highlands as a professor, to enhance this learning community that has so remarkably supported my development.

No comments:

Post a Comment